For Referring Providers
The following information is for referring providers only.
Providers can initiate a request for treatment infusions for ambulatory patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 by completing the site-specific referral form in the Alternatives to Paxlovid section below. Referrals will be reviewed as rapidly as possible.
Providers should also consider referral to the following:
- State-funded sites across Massachusetts provide oral and intravenous antiviral therapy.
- Massachusetts DPH in-home treatment program for individuals who qualify. Review eligibility requirements here.
Providers can prescribe oral agents in respective EMRs directly and do NOT need to complete the referral form.
Alternatives to Nirmatrelvir with Ritonavir (Paxlovid)
For patients who are unable to receive nirmatrelvir with ritonavir (Paxlovid) due to intractable medication interactions or other contraindications, remdesivir is available at the BILH sites shown below. Molnupiravir is another oral option for mild-moderate COVID-19 for carefully selected ambulatory patients unable to take nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (Paxlovid) or receive remdesivir.
Note: Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is not providing remdesivir infusion for ambulatory patients at this time.
Providers with WebOMR Access (all three of the following must be completed):
- Place a WebOMR order for COVID-19 Ambulatory Treatment Scheduling.
- Place an order for remdesivir in the WebOMR Infusion/Pheresis Tab.
- Enter a note in WebOMR using the COVID-19 Ambulatory Therapy Referral Assessment Macro.
Providers without WebOMR Access:
COVID-19 Ambulatory Therapeutics Treatment at BID Plymouth
BID Plymouth serves as an ambulatory treatment site for the distribution of COVID-19 therapeutics. Providers can refer eligible patients by filling out the forms below. Please complete these forms and fax to BID Plymouth at 508-830-2789 to initiate a referral.