Routine Checkups & Why They Matter
Going for Regular Checkups is One of the Best Things You Could Do To Stay on Top of Your Overall Health
Routine checkups, also referred to as physicals or wellness visits, with primary care providers play a vital role in helping us maintain our overall health and well-being. They allow your healthcare team to proactively monitor your health and identify any concerns early on. From preventive screenings to comprehensive physical and mental assessments, going for regular checkups empowers you to make informed decisions about your health and make adjustments to your lifestyle tailored to you and your goals.
Additional benefits of routine checkups include:
- Increasing your awareness about health and lifestyle optimization opportunities
- Learning how your medical, family, and social history can impact your health
- Detecting disease and potentially life-threatening conditions early
- Staying up-to-date on recommended vaccines for your age
- Receiving appropriately selected physical exams to potentially identify underlying issues
- Undergoing screenings you wouldn’t necessarily receive at a sick visit
- Building care continuity with your healthcare team
Scheduling Your Routine Checkup
A routine checkup may be conducted by a doctor, a nurse practitioner, or a physician’s assistant. These providers are part of an integrated care team and all of them are qualified to guide you through these visits. Having an integrated care team means you’ll be seen and have your concerns addressed sooner.
If you’d like to schedule your routine checkup, contact your primary care provider’s office or find a provider on our website.